MassMutual Financial Group Sales Manager in Boston, Massachusetts
Since 1851, MassMutual’s commitment has always been to help people protect their families, support their communities, and help one another. This is why we want to inspire people to Live Mutual. We at MassMutual value diversity and inclusion. We’re people helping people.
A career with us means you will work alongside exceptional people and be empowered to reach your professional and personal goals. Our employees are the foundation of what makes MassMutual a strong, stable and ethical business. We seek and value unique and varied perspectives and experiences because we believe we are stronger when all voices are heard. We invite you to bring your bright, innovative ideas to MassMutual as we continue to help millions of Americans rely on each other.
Together, we’re stronger.
Sales Manager LifeScore Labs
About LifeScore Labs
LifeScore Labs is a new business launched by MassMutual to bring cutting edge risk scoring models to market. The flagship product, LifeScore360 is setting a new standard for mortality risk scoring and our goal is nothing short of being the FICO score for life insurance risk.
LifeScore 360 is a cutting-edge, cloud-based machine learning solution proven to accurately, efficiently and transparently assess life insurance risk. LifeScore 360 significantly reduces the time to issue a policy, improves the take rate on offered policies, and improves claims experience for insurers. We’ve proven the impacts to the bottom line within MassMutual and now we’re bringing this technology to the broader insurance carrier market. Our plan is to continue to work with channel partners and to establish a direct sales team.
About the Role
As the Sales Manager at LifeScore you will play a vital role in connecting with decision-makers at target insurance carriers and successfully closing new business. You will present the LifeScore story and identify how LifeScore360 can fit within an insurance carriers underwriting process and deliver value to their bottom line. You’ll have the support of marketing, data scientists and data analysts to ensure that everything from pitch materials to customer on-boarding runs smoothly.
A successful Sales Manager must be self-motivated and comfortable in a dynamic atmosphere delivering a brand new product to market. Must be able to add creativity, gravitas and credibility to our team and own successful customer relationships. The successful candidate will have strong communication and presentation skills, have a genuine interest in technology, be process driven, organized and focused on customer success.
· Relationship builder . Build relationships with key decision makers, visiting customers on-site as needed, and serving as a customer's main point of contact.
· Problem solver . Understand customer needs, current systems, and strategic plans. Craft proposals that deliver customer value, negotiate pricing and close sales.
· Planner . Manage prospects, pipeline and associated projections.
· Multi-tasker . Balance supporting multiple prospects and points in the sales cycle
· 5+ years of direct sales or account management experience in Insurance industry - preferably selling life product, risk solutions space or SaaS sales experience
· Customer oriented with highly professional communication skills. Previous customer facing experience is a must
· Passionate commitment to quality and success
· Ability to quickly solve technical and business-related challenges
· Comfortable working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
· Must be legally authorized to work in the United States
· B.A. or B.S. or (Master’s degree a plus)
Ranked No. 77 in the annual FORTUNE ® 500 Ranking (FORTUNE ® Magazine, June 2017) and recognized as a World’s Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere, MassMutual is guided by a single purpose: We help people secure their future and protect the ones they love. As a company owned by our policyowners, we are defined by mutuality and our vision to put customers first. It’s more than our company structure – it’s our way of life. We are a company of people protecting people. Our company exists because people are willing to share risk and resources, and rely on each other when it counts. At MassMutual, we Live Mutual.
Focus on the Customer: We understand our customers well and look for every opportunity to deliver an experience that is clear, easy, personal, human, empowering and trustworthy.
Act with Integrity: We deliver on our promises by being open, honest and humble and by adhering to the letter and spirit of applicable laws, rules, regulations and company policies.
Value People: We respect and learn from each other’s diverse backgrounds, experiences and ideas. We engage and develop people to their greatest potential.
Work Collaboratively: We work together to achieve results by actively listening, seeking, understanding and creating solutions as a unified team driving toward one company, one culture, one brand.
Achieve Results: We focus on winning by exceeding expectations and getting better – everyone, every day.
For more information, visit www.massmutual.com or find us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Google+, Instagram and Pinterest.
MassMutual is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Individual with Disability/Protected Veteran. We welcome all persons to apply.
At MassMutual, we’re fostering an inclusive and dynamic environment where our employees are valued for who they are and can build successful careers. For us, diversity and inclusion is more than a goal, it’s the only way forward.
• 100% rating on the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index (2018)
• National Association for Female Executives Top Company for Executive Women (2017)
• DiversityInc Noteworthy Company (2017)
• Disability Equality Index® (DEI) Best Place to Work for Disability inclusion (2017)
• Working Mother Media 100 Best Company (2017)
• Military Friendly Employer (2018)