MassMutual Financial Group BPMO Lead in Enfield, Connecticut
Since 1851, MassMutual’s commitment has always been to help people protect their families, support their communities, and help one another. This is why we want to inspire people to Live Mutual. We at MassMutual value diversity and inclusion. We’re people helping people.
A career with us means you will work alongside exceptional people and be empowered to reach your professional and personal goals. Our employees are the foundation of what makes MassMutual a strong, stable and ethical business. We seek and value unique and varied perspectives and experiences because we believe we are stronger when all voices are heard. We invite you to bring your bright, innovative ideas to MassMutual as we continue to help millions of Americans rely on each other.
Together, we’re stronger.
Job Description SummaryThe MMUS PMO team is looking to hire a BPMO Lead to oversee and manage a broad portfolio of initiatives supporting one or more MMUS Channels. The BPMO Lead will be accountable for driving portfolio planning and execution disciplines within the Channels they support. This influential role will establish and implement standard guidelines & controls, which will drive positive outcomes. The BPMO Lead will work with senior business & IT leads across the organization helping with strategic planning and execution including ensuring initiatives are holistically delivered accounting for both business and technology deliverables.
Improvement & Innovation
Definition - Responds resourcefully, flexibly, and positively when faced with new challenges and demands.
• Demonstrates flexibility and resilience in response to obstacles, constraints, adversity, and mistakes.
• Constructively and resourcefully adapts to changing needs, conditions, priorities, or opportunities.
• Works productively in the face of ambiguity or uncertainty.
• Is able to adapt plans in response to changing objectives.
Definition - Demonstrates commitment to meeting or exceeding the requirements and expectations of external and internal customers.
• Identifies and anticipates customer requirements, expectations, and needs.
• Establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers; earns their trust and respect.
• Ensures follow-up with customers to certify that the resolution of problems maintains customer satisfaction and loyalty.
• Seeks and integrates customer feedback from a variety of sources to identify improvement opportunities.
Definition - Articulates compelling positions and successfully influences others to accept recommendations or take desired actions.
• Presents a persuasive rationale for recommendations. Clear and simple with communications.
• Builds a broad base of support among key decision-makers and influencers.
• Ensures that recommendations satisfy the needs, interests, and concerns of key stakeholders.
• Promotes or asserts recommendations and ideas with confidence and enthusiasm.
Project Mgmt, Fin & Resource Mgmt Tools
• Leverage information from Project Management tools to drive positive outcomes in projects
• Demonstrates the ability to master and apply Project Management (BPLM, SDLC , PDLC) & Resource Management tools in the current area of work
• Guides team members in effectively providing input and using information generated from Project Management tools and processes
Previous financial industry - preferred
Authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship now or in the future
Role Characteristics :
Strong knowledge and experience in Portfolio Management including planning and execution
Ability to manage and analyze overall financial impacts across Portfolio
Ability to analyze data, identify trends and provide senior leadership insight
Capable of applying knowledge to handle all but the most complex problems independently
Anticipates change and directs or redirects effort
Looks for and finds ways to improve operations; process efficiency
Individual typically has at least 5-7 yrs of related experience
Program/Project Management experience a must
High Level Job Responsibilities
Maintain a matrix reporting relationship with appropriate Channel Heads & Delegates
Leverage BPMO Playbook and provide feedback on ways to improve overall Portfolio Management process
Accountable for the organization and facilitation of Channel Steerco and Planning and Prioritization
Work closely with Finance & IT partners to ensure portfolio budgets are managed effectively
Resource Management for team of PM’s & BA’s
Advocate for BPMO, BPLM & all aspects of business deliverables & readiness including support being in place before production implementation (people, process & automation)• Identify, document, assign, track, and facilitate portfolio issues through resolution
Possess high integrity with strong confidence to implement change
Specific relevant insurance and/or financial services industry experience
Ability to develop senior level presentations
Strong written and verbal communication skills
Results oriented, positive attitude; committed to excellence and self-improvement
Ability to influence in a matrixed environment and influence/drive necessary change as identified to meet company objectives
Anticipates future possibilities, opportunities, risks and handles ambiguity with seasoned judgement and partnership
Ranked No. 77 in the annual FORTUNE ® 500 Ranking (FORTUNE ® Magazine, June 2017) and recognized as a World’s Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere, MassMutual is guided by a single purpose: We help people secure their future and protect the ones they love. As a company owned by our policyowners, we are defined by mutuality and our vision to put customers first. It’s more than our company structure – it’s our way of life. We are a company of people protecting people. Our company exists because people are willing to share risk and resources, and rely on each other when it counts. At MassMutual, we Live Mutual.
Focus on the Customer: We understand our customers well and look for every opportunity to deliver an experience that is clear, easy, personal, human, empowering and trustworthy.
Act with Integrity: We deliver on our promises by being open, honest and humble and by adhering to the letter and spirit of applicable laws, rules, regulations and company policies.
Value People: We respect and learn from each other’s diverse backgrounds, experiences and ideas. We engage and develop people to their greatest potential.
Work Collaboratively: We work together to achieve results by actively listening, seeking, understanding and creating solutions as a unified team driving toward one company, one culture, one brand.
Achieve Results: We focus on winning by exceeding expectations and getting better – everyone, every day.
For more information, visit www.massmutual.com or find us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Google+, Instagram and Pinterest.
MassMutual is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Individual with Disability/Protected Veteran. We welcome all persons to apply.
At MassMutual, we’re fostering an inclusive and dynamic environment where our employees are valued for who they are and can build successful careers. For us, diversity and inclusion is more than a goal, it’s the only way forward.
• 100% rating on the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index (2018)
• National Association for Female Executives Top Company for Executive Women (2017)
• DiversityInc Noteworthy Company (2017)
• Disability Equality Index® (DEI) Best Place to Work for Disability inclusion (2017)
• Working Mother Media 100 Best Company (2017)
• Military Friendly Employer (2018)