MassMutual Financial Group Business Project Manager in Enfield, Connecticut
Since 1851, MassMutual’s commitment has always been to help people protect their families, support their communities, and help one another. This is why we want to inspire people to Live Mutual. We at MassMutual value diversity and inclusion. We’re people helping people.
A career with us means you will work alongside exceptional people and be empowered to reach your professional and personal goals. Our employees are the foundation of what makes MassMutual a strong, stable and ethical business. We seek and value unique and varied perspectives and experiences because we believe we are stronger when all voices are heard. We invite you to bring your bright, innovative ideas to MassMutual as we continue to help millions of Americans rely on each other.
Together, we’re stronger.
The MMUS PMO team is looking to hire a Project Manager, responsible for establishing and leading cross functional initiatives supporting MM US strategic business goals. The Project Manager will coordinate, plan, develop and implement moderate to complex projects and recommend appropriate strategies, actions, and/or alternatives for business decisions relative to the projects under area of responsibility. Candidate should able to manage matrix team(s) and/or cross functional team(s), being responsible for the day-to-day execution, management, and reporting, including managing resources, scope and meeting deadlines according to plan.
High Level Job Responsibilities
• Single accountable party responsible for the day to day execution, management, and reporting of moderate to large projects, including managing resources, costs, scope and meeting deadlines according to plan • Maintain a matrix reporting relationship with the Business Owner & Project Sponsor for all accountable project execution activities • Accountable for all aspects of business deliverables & readiness including support being in place before production implementation (people, process & automation) • Work effectively with cross functional teams, including possibly leading / overseeing multiple Project Managers • Facilitate issue resolution and remove obstacles to ensure quality results are achieved • Accountable for identifying and resolving possible risk and develop/monitor risk plans • Confirm achievement of objectives, verify and document project results to formalize acceptance of business & readiness deliverables by the sponsor • Facilitate lessons learned for business team and retain information in a central location (SharePoint) for future use
tools and processes
• Seasoned individual capable of handling broad scope projects that have short to medium-term focus
• Works with guidance on more complex projects
• Capable of applying knowledge to handle all but the most complex problems independently
• Anticipates change and directs or redirects efforts
• Looks for and finds ways to improve operations
• Individual typically has at least 5+ yrs of related experience
Job Responsibilities & Requirements
To be successful in the role, the following are the key qualifications:
• Bachelor’s Degree or 5 years direct of direct PM experience
• Must be authorized to work in the US without requiring sponsorship
• Experience in full cycle project leadership from conception to delivery •
PMP certification •
Demonstrated ability to manage all aspects of projects to ensure it is aligned to and directly supports strategic objectives. •
Experience within the insurance/ financial services industry •
Demonstrated ability to manage all aspects of multiple related projects to ensure the overall program is aligned to and directly supports business & strategic initiatives. •
Proven leadership, with the ability to lead up, across, and down multiple business and technology divisions •
Excellent communication (written, verbal, and presentation) and interpersonal skills. •
Self-motivated, decisive, with the ability to adapt to change. •
Strong functional and technical knowledge.
• Strong with Microsoft office products
Ranked No. 77 in the annual FORTUNE ® 500 Ranking (FORTUNE ® Magazine, June 2017) and recognized as a World’s Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere, MassMutual is guided by a single purpose: We help people secure their future and protect the ones they love. As a company owned by our policyowners, we are defined by mutuality and our vision to put customers first. It’s more than our company structure – it’s our way of life. We are a company of people protecting people. Our company exists because people are willing to share risk and resources, and rely on each other when it counts. At MassMutual, we Live Mutual.
Focus on the Customer: We understand our customers well and look for every opportunity to deliver an experience that is clear, easy, personal, human, empowering and trustworthy.
Act with Integrity: We deliver on our promises by being open, honest and humble and by adhering to the letter and spirit of applicable laws, rules, regulations and company policies.
Value People: We respect and learn from each other’s diverse backgrounds, experiences and ideas. We engage and develop people to their greatest potential.
Work Collaboratively: We work together to achieve results by actively listening, seeking, understanding and creating solutions as a unified team driving toward one company, one culture, one brand.
Achieve Results: We focus on winning by exceeding expectations and getting better – everyone, every day.
For more information, visit www.massmutual.com or find us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Google+, Instagram and Pinterest.
MassMutual is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Individual with Disability/Protected Veteran. We welcome all persons to apply.
At MassMutual, we’re fostering an inclusive and dynamic environment where our employees are valued for who they are and can build successful careers. For us, diversity and inclusion is more than a goal, it’s the only way forward.
• 100% rating on the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index (2018)
• National Association for Female Executives Top Company for Executive Women (2017)
• DiversityInc Noteworthy Company (2017)
• Disability Equality Index® (DEI) Best Place to Work for Disability inclusion (2017)
• Working Mother Media 100 Best Company (2017)
• Military Friendly Employer (2018)