MassMutual Financial Group Conversion Case Manager in Springfield, Massachusetts
Since 1851, MassMutual’s commitment has always been to help people protect their families, support their communities, and help one another. This is why we want to inspire people to Live Mutual. We at MassMutual value diversity and inclusion. We’re people helping people.
A career with us means you will work alongside exceptional people and be empowered to reach your professional and personal goals. Our employees are the foundation of what makes MassMutual a strong, stable and ethical business. We seek and value unique and varied perspectives and experiences because we believe we are stronger when all voices are heard. We invite you to bring your bright, innovative ideas to MassMutual as we continue to help millions of Americans rely on each other.
Together, we’re stronger.
In this position, the Conversion Case Manager will work closely with the Agency New Business Coordinators, MassMutual’s Producing Agents, and various internal business partners to review and process life applications submitted for conversion and insurability option exercises, resulting in the issuance of a new policy or the increase of an existing policy. The Conversion Case Manager is also responsible for processing changes to the original term coverage as a result of the conversion, supporting Agents and Agency Staff with questions regarding conversions and insurability option exercises, as well as processing policy changes within 90 days of issue.
• Assume total case accountability from submission of application through policy delivery and acceptance.
- Validate contract details of existing product and reduce/terminate inforce term products and term riders in accordance with the conversion applied for
• Manage client expectations regarding service requests, processing, and deliverables
• Prioritize incoming service requests and inquiries from New Business Coordinators, life producers, agency contacts, GAs
and internal and external partners, while maintaining service levels for case issuance.
• Demonstrate a sense of urgency in all interactions, while maintaining a high level of professionalism and quality.
• Build strong relationships with business partners (Underwriting, Legal, Compliance, Licensing and Compensation, etc.) to
provide superior service
• Ensure the effective use of procedures in accordance with business practices and compliance with state and federal
• Conduct all business interactions with honesty and integrity; maintain confidentiality of all personal and medical information
and adhere to privacy guidelines.
• Proactively recognize problems and work collaboratively to recommend process improvements to enhance customer
service, increase efficiency or reduce unnecessary steps/hand-offs.
• Contribute to the growth of functional and conceptual knowledge by participating in cross-training initiatives.
• Available to work overtime when demand necessitates.
Skills and Competencies
• Ability to collaborate with internal and external clients to find a best solution for both the client and MassMutual.
• Strong drive for results, problem solving skills and attention to detail.
• Must be able to multi-task and work in a fast paced, high pressure environment.
• Ability to contribute to a positive work environment by acting as a team player and assisting others in meeting service
• Flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities and competing demands.
• Demonstrate sense of urgency in all interactions and prioritize work effectively.
• Know the customer well and demonstrate superior customer service skills.
• Respectful of others; attentive to their ideas, concerns and time.
• Keep commitments.
High School Diploma
Customer Service or Case Management experience
Authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship now or in the future
4+months of Case Management experience with a Life Underwriting department
New Business Case Manager experience
Ranked No. 77 in the annual FORTUNE ® 500 Ranking (FORTUNE ® Magazine, June 2017) and recognized as a World’s Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere, MassMutual is guided by a single purpose: We help people secure their future and protect the ones they love. As a company owned by our policyowners, we are defined by mutuality and our vision to put customers first. It’s more than our company structure – it’s our way of life. We are a company of people protecting people. Our company exists because people are willing to share risk and resources, and rely on each other when it counts. At MassMutual, we Live Mutual.
Focus on the Customer: We understand our customers well and look for every opportunity to deliver an experience that is clear, easy, personal, human, empowering and trustworthy.
Act with Integrity: We deliver on our promises by being open, honest and humble and by adhering to the letter and spirit of applicable laws, rules, regulations and company policies.
Value People: We respect and learn from each other’s diverse backgrounds, experiences and ideas. We engage and develop people to their greatest potential.
Work Collaboratively: We work together to achieve results by actively listening, seeking, understanding and creating solutions as a unified team driving toward one company, one culture, one brand.
Achieve Results: We focus on winning by exceeding expectations and getting better – everyone, every day.
For more information, visit www.massmutual.com or find us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Google+, Instagram and Pinterest.
MassMutual is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Individual with Disability/Protected Veteran. We welcome all persons to apply.
At MassMutual, we’re fostering an inclusive and dynamic environment where our employees are valued for who they are and can build successful careers. For us, diversity and inclusion is more than a goal, it’s the only way forward.
• 100% rating on the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index (2018)
• National Association for Female Executives Top Company for Executive Women (2017)
• DiversityInc Noteworthy Company (2017)
• Disability Equality Index® (DEI) Best Place to Work for Disability inclusion (2017)
• Working Mother Media 100 Best Company (2017)
• Military Friendly Employer (2018)