MassMutual Financial Group Solutions Architect in Springfield, Massachusetts
Since 1851, MassMutual’s commitment has always been to help people protect their families, support their communities, and help one another. This is why we want to inspire people to Live Mutual. We’re people helping people.
A career with us means you will work alongside exceptional people and be empowered to reach your professional and personal goals. Our employees are the foundation of what makes MassMutual a strong, stable and ethical business. We invite you to bring your bright, innovative ideas to MassMutual as we continue to help millions of Americans rely on each other.
Together, we’re stronger.
The Solutions Architect works with the Enterprise Architect and Channel Leads for strategic direction (both conforming to, and helping to define) and plays a key role as a growth/innovation driver and advocate for good design where: The work focuses on the overall architecture, design, build, and integration of solutions or platforms spanning multiple technical and/or business capability domains with significant cost / strategic implications; Solution domain is highly complex; Business needs, concepts, and/or requirements are ambiguous, require definition and/or contain uncertain requirements that are likely to change, and/or require situational management of high technical delivery risk; Solutions that consist of unproven implementation technologies or multiple implementation techs at once within domains that experience rapid change.
• For any given project, program, product development initiative and/or a portfolio of capabilities quickly absorb the business drivers and construct the necessary initiative-wide and/or cross-initiative technical capabilities/solutions required to fulfill the business vision and requirements.
• Define the solution vision. Curate and integrate the most relevant technical assets into a pragmatic and viable (fit for purpose & use) end-to-end solution design. Make trade off decisions across multiple dimensions to achieve the most effective balance of near term needs and long term strategies.
• Provide solution level expertise in sizing solution cost and effort, assessing and managing technical risks and identifying potential design, performance, security and support concerns.
• Drive buy/source vs. build decisions supported by clearly articulated cost/benefit analysis in support of technical choices.
• Lead architectural spikes, proof of concept/technology and/or targeted implementation projects (prototyping), to size solutions and validate efficacy of the solution vision, architecture and design.
• Actively steer solution direction and realization. Dynamically navigate between high level business vision, through mid-level systems requirements all the way down to low-level implementation considerations. Remove barriers to enable solution delivery team to complete objectives; drive and influence decisions. Direct other solution architects/cross functional specialists through solution development.
• Provide the vision and strategy for the solution domain, leveraging market landscape for solution insights, direction, vendor and methods.
•Position new technologies and products that can / will be used to generate competitive advantage or buttress existing capabilities.
• Maintain comprehensive understanding of the various business domains, their systems landscape, their processes and their strategic roadmap.
• Drive and champion technical and economic value discussions with technology and business partners. Provide thought leadership and lead key decision making discussions around technology planning, investment and implementation direction that determine and shape projects.
• Drive opportunities to create efficiencies or advance the architectural agenda, by identifying commonalities between projects and actively driving practice maturity.
•8 years of related IT Solutions Architecture or Technical Lead experience required
•Deep technical knowledge across the various integration points
•Understanding of the impact of IT on business results.
•Ability to travel and work under periods of stress.
•Authorized to work in the US without sponsorship now or in the future
•10 years of related IT Solutions Architecture experience preferred.
•Preferred job experience includes knowledge and experience in IT for hospitals, medical providers, pharmaceutical, or other healthcare industries.
•Excellent communication, presentation, influencing and reasoning skills.
Can perform all job responsibilities with the following characteristics:
Adaptability. Works productively in the face of ambiguity or uncertainty.
Business Acumen. Has a good grasp of medical data and exchanges for the purpose of consuming and mapping during integration design for our New Business and Underwriting area.
Customer Focus. Seeks feedback from a variety of sources. Will establish and maintain effective relationships with customers and partners.
Communication. Delivers engaging presentations tailored to the audience, and holds transparent conversations.
Execution. Holds self and others accountable for follow through to achieve business results.
Improvement and Innovation. Is skilled at creatively problem solving and improving work processes.
Judgement-Decision Making. Makes logical and integrative decisions with an understanding of their impact.
Problem-Solving. Facilitates discussions and escalates when appropriate.
Self Development. Manages and owns career development objectives and follows through.
Ranked No. 77 in the annual FORTUNE ® 500 Ranking (FORTUNE ® Magazine, June 2017) and recognized as a World’s Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere, MassMutual is guided by a single purpose: We help people secure their future and protect the ones they love. As a company owned by our policyowners, we are defined by mutuality and our vision to put customers first. It’s more than our company structure – it’s our way of life. We are a company of people protecting people. Our company exists because people are willing to share risk and resources, and rely on each other when it counts. At MassMutual, we Live Mutual.
Focus on the Customer: We understand our customers well and look for every opportunity to deliver an experience that is clear, easy, personal, human, empowering and trustworthy.
Act with Integrity: We deliver on our promises by being open, honest and humble and by adhering to the letter and spirit of applicable laws, rules, regulations and company policies.
Value People: We respect and learn from each other’s diverse backgrounds, experiences and ideas. We engage and develop people to their greatest potential.
Work Collaboratively: We work together to achieve results by actively listening, seeking, understanding and creating solutions as a unified team driving toward one company, one culture, one brand.
Achieve Results: We focus on winning by exceeding expectations and getting better – everyone, every day.
For more information, visit www.massmutual.com or find us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Google+, Instagram and Pinterest.
MassMutual is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Individual with Disability/Protected Veteran. We welcome all persons to apply.
At MassMutual, we’re fostering an inclusive and dynamic environment where our employees are valued for who they are and can build successful careers. For us, diversity and inclusion is more than a goal, it’s the only way forward.
• 100% rating on the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index (2018)
• National Association for Female Executives Top Company for Executive Women (2017)
• DiversityInc Noteworthy Company (2017)
• Disability Equality Index® (DEI) Best Place to Work for Disability inclusion (2017)
• Working Mother Media 100 Best Company (2017)
• Military Friendly Employer (2018)