MassMutual Financial Group Underwriter Consultant in United States
Since 1851, MassMutual’s commitment has always been to help people protect their families, support their communities, and help one another. This is why we want to inspire people to Live Mutual. We at MassMutual value diversity and inclusion. We’re people helping people.
A career with us means you will work alongside exceptional people and be empowered to reach your professional and personal goals. Our employees are the foundation of what makes MassMutual a strong, stable and ethical business. We seek and value unique and varied perspectives and experiences because we believe we are stronger when all voices are heard. We invite you to bring your bright, innovative ideas to MassMutual as we continue to help millions of Americans rely on each other.
Together, we’re stronger.
Life Underwriting is the foundation of MassMutual’s business and long-term success. Our goal is to ensure high-quality risk decisions balancing customer needs with our objectives while delivering exceptional service to our producers and clients. Incumbents can pursue career growth beyond the role through opportunities in leadership, audit, jumbo underwriting and strategy.
BENEFITS – WHY WORK AT MASSMUTUAL
• Live the challenge – as a Fortune 100 company, in the LIMRA top two for Whole Life insurance, with the largest network of agents – you see the career-making cases that will propel you forward. Experience underwriting challenges through exposure to a wide variety of product variations and benefits, advanced sales techniques, complex medical and financial components across a multitude of demographics ranging from juvenile to older age applicants. Thriving sales, double digit growth over the last four years and sustained growth over the last nine.
• Work in an environment that fits your needs and career interests. We have opportunities for those growing their career, stable in their career or those who are looking to start fresh with a significant and stable player in the industry.
• Competitive salary, benefits are best of the best. Our employees enjoy a pension plan at retirement. 401K with 5% matching, fully vested after three years.
• Work for an innovative underwriting department that is working with and towards cutting edge offerings including direct to consumer underwriting applications and algorithmic engines for routine, repetitive tasks and analysis. In addition, Underwriters have the ability to engage in process and practice improvements and have access to the Medical Department and Office of the Chief Life Underwriter for education, training and case consultation.
• Underwrite individual life insurance applications up to $10 million face value
• Determine whether to accept, modify, or decline a risk through the evaluation of an individual’s medical history, physical condition, occupational hazards, financial background, insurable interest and/or other information pertinent to the underwriting decision
• Consult with the medical department concerning any questionable medical or personal situations; while engaging all other appropriate resources throughout the organization
• Work on assigned special projects with defined scope and typically short term focus
• Provide second signature review, train, and assist new underwriters
• Coordinate reinsurance agreements and arrangements
• Following MM-way continuous improvement methodology, propose and identify department-wide process solutions
• Identify trends and offer the best underwriting solutions
• Adhere to all state and federal regulations and guidelines ensuring compliance
• Collaborate across the organization to enhance relationships with key agents and internal employees
• Adapt communication style to align vision and expectations with agents, customers, employees, brokers, and others as needed
• Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university. Candidates without a four year degree would be considered with 10+ years of life insurance underwriting experience
• 7+ years of experience minimum underwriting individual life insurance policies
• $3 million plus prior underwriting authority
•Authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship now or in the future
• Full-time remote candidates: 3+ years plus of remote experience
• FALU and/or CLU, and FLMI designations
• $5 million plus prior underwriting authority
• Large case, high volume underwriting
• Reinsurance experience
Ranked No. 77 in the annual FORTUNE ® 500 Ranking (FORTUNE ® Magazine, June 2017) and recognized as a World’s Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere, MassMutual is guided by a single purpose: We help people secure their future and protect the ones they love. As a company owned by our policyowners, we are defined by mutuality and our vision to put customers first. It’s more than our company structure – it’s our way of life. We are a company of people protecting people. Our company exists because people are willing to share risk and resources, and rely on each other when it counts. At MassMutual, we Live Mutual.
Focus on the Customer: We understand our customers well and look for every opportunity to deliver an experience that is clear, easy, personal, human, empowering and trustworthy.
Act with Integrity: We deliver on our promises by being open, honest and humble and by adhering to the letter and spirit of applicable laws, rules, regulations and company policies.
Value People: We respect and learn from each other’s diverse backgrounds, experiences and ideas. We engage and develop people to their greatest potential.
Work Collaboratively: We work together to achieve results by actively listening, seeking, understanding and creating solutions as a unified team driving toward one company, one culture, one brand.
Achieve Results: We focus on winning by exceeding expectations and getting better – everyone, every day.
For more information, visit www.massmutual.com or find us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Google+, Instagram and Pinterest.
MassMutual is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Individual with Disability/Protected Veteran. We welcome all persons to apply.
At MassMutual, we’re fostering an inclusive and dynamic environment where our employees are valued for who they are and can build successful careers. For us, diversity and inclusion is more than a goal, it’s the only way forward.
• 100% rating on the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index (2018)
• National Association for Female Executives Top Company for Executive Women (2017)
• DiversityInc Noteworthy Company (2017)
• Disability Equality Index® (DEI) Best Place to Work for Disability inclusion (2017)
• Working Mother Media 100 Best Company (2017)
• Military Friendly Employer (2018)